- This event has passed.
Introduction to COBIT5
This one-day “Introduction to COBIT 5” course provides an introduction to the COBIT 5 governance framework from ISACA. This course will provide participants with an excellent insight into the framework and explain the differences between COBIT 4.1 and COBIT 5. This course is recommended for those preparing for additional COBIT 5 training.
About COBIT 5
COBIT 5 is ISACA’s latest business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. This evolutionary version incorporates the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques, and provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems.
COBIT 5 builds and expands on COBIT 4.1 by integrating other major frameworks, standards and resources, including ISACA’s Val IT and Risk IT, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) and related standards from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Discuss how IT management issues affect organizations
• Understand the principles of the Governance of Enterprise IT and explain the differences between management and governance
• Assess how the COBIT 5 processes help guide the creation of the five basic Principles and the seven Governance and Management Enablers
• Discuss the COBIT 5 Enablers, including the Goals Cascade and the Process Reference Model
• Describe the basics of how to implement COBIT 5
• Understand the differences between COBIT 4.1 and COBIT 5 and what to consider when transitioning
• Explain the benefits of using COBIT 5
Participants will learn through discussion and practical examples how to apply COBIT 5 in their organisations and improve IT governance, management and operational processes.
This workshop comprises the following:
Module 1: Purpose/Introduction to COBIT 5
Module 2: COBIT 4.1 to COBIT 5, the differences
Module 3: COBIT 5 Principles
Module 4: Implementing COBIT 5
Who should attend?
IT professionals working in audit, assurance, risk, security and governance
S$321 (inclusive of 7% GST)