- This event has passed.
Masterclass: Strengthening Cyber Security Measures
Cybersecurity threats are no longer confined to companies in information and communications technology sector. More Singapore companies across sectors are also adopting cloud storage and cloud data threats are getting more prevalent. To empower more Singapore companies, especially SMEs, to handle cybersecurity threats more effectively. The Singapore Business Federation (SBF) is partnering Strategic Technology Management Institute (NUS) to raise companies’ cybersecurity capabilities quickly, to ensure they are resilient to ride on business opportunities quickly.
The cyber threat landscape is ever evolving and cyber security needs to be considered as a continuous effort to enable better protection, detection and mitigation of attacks. This course introduces companies’ management (with no technical background) to the concepts and terminologies in cyber security. It also brings these decision makers up-to-date on the latest cyber threat landscape, and enables them to better understand and appreciate cyber security.
The course also covers the recent attacks and threats, as well as explanation on each of their mechanics in layman’s term for the participants to acquire a deeper understanding and knowledge on what goes on under the hood. The aim is to enable Singapore companies, especially SMEs to be better prepared and more resilient against cyber threats and attacks. Please contact SBF ( firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to know more about government funding for information security management.
Strengthening Cyber Security Measures
|Venue:||To be confirmed|
|Date:||To be confirmed|
|Fees (incl GST):|| $802.50 for SBF members,
$963 for non SBF members
- Updates on latest cyber threat landscape and how this impact Singapore companies within the next two to three years.
- Understand how cyber-attacks occur and what lies beneath these attacks involve, such as due to people’s habits and companies’ lack of policies and communication.
- Participants from non-IT background to better appreciation how cyber security measures go beyond IT functions.
- Glean learning points from companies’ case studies
- Cyber threat landscape: an overview and Singapore’s stand on this
- Fundamental concepts and terminologies of cyber security
- Latest threats and attacks: The cause and effect, why are they successful despite all the protection in place, and understanding what exactly is going on under the hood for businesses
- Understanding the perpetrators to better defend yourself and improve the cyber security stance in your organisation